The Rural and Remote Education Advisory Council (RREAC) met on six occasions in 2012-2013, including one meeting in the Wheatbelt region.
In line with its Terms of Reference and the Minister's directions, RREAC presented its final reports on future uses of technology in rural and remote schools and on the Council's regional meeting in the Kimberley region to the Minister.
- The Future Uses of Technology in Education in Rural and Remote Western Australia report was finalised and forwarded to the Minister in September 2012. Strategic priorities and five key recommendations were included. The Minister endorsed all five recommendations with further action undertaken in response.
- RREAC's report on its Kimberley Region Meeting was finalised and forwarded to the Minister in March 2013. Three key recommendations that focused on the role Aboriginal and Islander Education Officers and technology were included.
- Recommendations within the reports endorsed by the Minister have been actioned with responses received from all education sectors/providers. RREAC continues to progress these actions.
Strategic Planning in 2012 identified two priorities for 2012-2013:
- attraction and retention of quality teachers
- Vocational Education and Training in Schools (VETiS).
30/01/2017 4:49 PM